The Bilingual North Carolina Medicaid Ombudsman role will:
• Assist low-income people by telephone, online and in-person (under COVID-19 restrictions and safety measures) to access and use health care coverage under Medicaid and in resolving disputes with Medicaid health insurance plans in English and/or Spanish when applicable.
• Assist with outreach to educate people about coverage changes and their rights under Medicaid.
• Provide referrals to appropriate agencies for applicants and enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or need for other social services.
• Document and enter data into a case management system to assist with identifying trends and systemic issues.
• Provide all information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensure accessibility for individuals with disabilities.
For more information about this position and how to apply, click here. The salary ranges from $34,515 to $52,252 depending on experience.
The deadline to apply is January 31, 2023.