MHO seeks a Real Estate Developer (RED) who serves as part of MHO’s rental development team and is responsible for both development of new projects and managing capital projects in the MHO portfolio. The RED reports to the Director of Real Estate Development and works with the other Real Estate Developers, Development Interns, Architects, and other key agency staff to advance the following principles of Equitable Development:
- Safe, affordable housing, should meet the needs of residents, including communities of color, and reduce racial disparities, taking into account past history and current conditions.
- New developments are equitably experienced by the people currently living and working in a neighborhood, as well as for new people moving in.
- Increasing the capacity of people of color to strengthen their communities and determine the future of their own neighborhoods
- Meaningful community engagement provides leadership in decision-making to a diversity of voices, including targeted strategies to engage historically marginalized communities.
- Built environments enhance community health through access to public amenities (schools, parks, open spaces, health care and other services), access to affordable healthy food, improved air quality, and safe and inviting environments.
For more information about this position and how to apply, click here. The salary for this position is $60,000/year.
The deadline to apply is August 15, 2020.