Responding to the Coronavirus Outbreak: Resources for nonprofits
We will regularly update this page with information and resources for nonprofits to help navigate the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Nonprofit Planning and Preparation Guidance:
- NC Chamber: Coronavirus Resource Guide: this page provides new and relevant planning resources, including Best practices, guidance on preparing for workplaces, and sample pandemic preparation questions.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan Template: This sample business continuity and disaster recovery plan will help an organization outline potential disasters an organization may confront and what to do in case of the disasters.
- What Your Nonprofit Can Do Now to Reduce Risks Relating to COVID-19, Maryland Nonprofits https://www.marylandnonprofits.org/what-your-nonprofit-can-do-now-to-reduce-risks-relating-to-covid-19-coronavirus/
- Planning for a Coronavirus Pandemic: A Guide for businesses and organizations. This document is sourced from Washington State and is an excellent guide for businesses and organizations no matter their location.
- A Huge Mistake Nonprofits Make in Preparing for COVID-19, Washington Nonprofit Institute Explains humans’ natural tendency towards cognitive biases against preparing for disasters and steps to help protect your nonprofit for community crisis.
- COVID-19: H.R.6201-Families First COVID-19 Response Act-NC UI-FLSA, In response to the complexity and uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic, guidance will be given around Employer responsibilities under FLSA and how to navigate through the unemployment process.
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation – BoardSource blog offering some great suggestions how your Board can provide steady and adaptive leadership.
- Tough Times Call for Tough Action: A Decision Framework for Nonprofit Leaders and Boards – a reported summary from SeaChange on the advice they have given Executive Directors and Boards about best practices they are seeing in the field.
- Reimaging Strategy in Context of the COVID-19 Crisis: A Triage Tool – a great resource to support nonprofits in making short-term strategic decisions.
- LifeLabs Learning – this Return-To-Workplace Discussion Guide was created based on working sessions in April & May, with contributions from over 800 companies around the globe and offers.
- Thinking About Reopening? Think Small – some great thoughts and suggestion on reopening your organization.
Resources for Remote Work:
- These 5 Tech Companies Are Providing Free Remote Working Tools During the Coronavirus Outbreak: https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/these-5-tech-companies-are-providing-free-remote-working-tools-during-coronavirus-outbreak.html
- Nonprofit expert Beth Kantor offers her tips for How To Facilitate Effective Virtual Meetings.
- The benefits and challenges of virtual board meetings are being tested by a growing number of nonprofit boards: BoardSource Guide to Virtual Meetings
- Preparing Your Fundraising Event for a Public Health Crisis: https://swaimstrategies.com/2020/03/04/preparing-your-fundraising-event-for-a-public-health-crisis/
- Coronavirus: What am I supposed to do about my fundraising event?
- Event Planning & COViD-19: Resilient Fundraising Strategies an Alternatives to Meeting in Person
- Upcoming Webinar:
The North Carolina Health and Human Services and Center for Disease Control websites provide up-to-date information about the situation and response in North Carolina:
- Guidance for Community Events and information for Groups: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina/community-event (for information specific to your county, contact your local Health Department)
- Sign up to receive alerts from the CDC about Coronavirus at: https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/news-alerts/
Mountain BizWorks, Dogwood Health Trust Partner to Provide Access to Paycheck Protection Program for Nonprofits, Rural, Minority and Women-Owned Small Businesses in Western North Carolina – PPP Loans Now Available Through Mountain BizWorks