I have 17 years of experience in a corporate setting and 14 years directing a nonprofit.
My work is not ‘business as usual.” I don’t attempt to “fix” or solve problems, but help staff members expand their perspective. “It’s not what we do, it’s how we see.” (Jeanne de Salzman) Increasing our capacity to take in numerous perspectives, improves our communication effectiveness and leadership abilities.
I use the Enneagram Personality System to explore nine distinct personality types, nine unique perspectives, ways we filter information, and the motivations that drive behaviors.
My work with staffs involves exploring the patterns and automatic approaches that limit growth and best performance in the organization. I create a safe container that enables colleagues to engage at the core of who they are, moving beyond superficial conversation to build trusting relationships and the ability to engage conflict creatively.
From this Enneagram training, participants will learn
• the unconscious placement of attention that drives energy
• inherent strengths and hidden inner resources of each of the nine types
• particular blind spots that limit growth and maintain unhealthy patterns
• the unconscious driver of reactivity
• each type’s verbal and nonverbal communication style
• broader perspective that honors diverse opinions
becoming more curious and less judgemental
• balanced use of strengths with clear boundaries
making space for other’s strengths
• strategies for moving beyond limiting patterns
creating more effectiveness in work as strengths expand
• more neutrality and presence in difficult times
engaging conflict creatively, allowing creative options to emerge
• increased clarity in communications
creating efficiency and smooth flow of information
The staff as a whole
• will learn the staff’s preferences and patterns that limit growth
and strategies for balancing, un-sticking and moving forward
Compulsions can shift to compassion, judgment to curiosity as we engage with self-awareness, those with whom we work and live.
I co-facilitate a podcast that is free to listeners: Heart of the Enneagram with conversations with guests of the Nine Enneagram types.