Walker Wilson Consulting serves values-driven organizations. We utilize the best practices of the nonprofit world (mission, passion, and service) and the for-profit world (finance, analysis, and strategy) to benefit our clients. We prioritize equity and inclusion. Particular consulting services include strategic planning, sustainability planning, executive coaching, leadership transitions, leadership training, organizational assessment and development, business planning, financial analysis, merger/acquisition analysis, board best practices training, meeting facilitation, and interim leadership. All services can be offered in Spanish.
For example, we can:
- Lead a participatory strategic planning process for board and staff to build ownership and unify focus
- Facilitate retreats and meetings to maximize your team’s scarce time
- Conduct staff/board development sessions to increase your team’s skills and productivity
- Assess your organization’s culture, finances, operations, programs, communications, governance, and/or human resources for greater community impact
- Coach board and staff leaders through difficult decisions
- Hold you accountable for achieving your personal leadership goals
- Serve in interim leadership positions for organizations in transition
ABOUT WALKER WILSON CONSULTING:
Walker Wilson Consulting is a values-driven organization serving values-driven organizations. We utilize the best practices of both the nonprofit world (mission, passion, and service) and the for-profit world (finance, analysis, and strategy) to benefit our clients. Our commitment to Western NC is shaped through international experience. We prioritize equity and inclusion. All our services can be offered in Spanish.
Greg Walker Wilson, Principal of Walker Wilson Consulting, has consulted with nonprofit organizations, large corporations, government entities, and small businesses for more than 20 years on local, state, national, and international levels. He began his career as a management consultant with Accenture.
Greg learned first-hand the importance of prioritizing organizational development when he became CEO of the floundering Mountain BizWorks organization in 1998. Over the next 11 years, Greg led Bizworks to:
- Pay off its debts and build net assets of nearly $2 Million
- Increase annual community impact by 700%
- Recognition by Fast Company Magazine as a visionary and entrepreneurial social sector
- Develop a participatory entrepreneurial training curriculum that was licensed to other North
American nonprofits and the subject of a book chapter
- A Nonprofit Sector Steward Award from the NC Center for Nonprofits, and
- Give birth to Mountain Made, a for-profit retail subsidiary located in the Grove Arcade.
Today, Mountain Bizworks is a nationally recognized leader in the small business development field.
Greg has chaired numerous boards, including the national Association for Enterprise Opportunity, the Center for Participatory Change, and HandMade in America. He is Vice Chair and Executive Transition Chair of Democracy NC and Treasurer of La Milpa. He served as Treasurer and Strategic Planning Chair for the NC Center for Nonprofits and served as Communications Chair for Just Economics, and Secretary and Organizational Development Chair for Wildacres Leadership Initiative. He has written and presented extensively on boards, social enterprise, executive transitions, earned income, and coaching. For his commitment to empower women, Greg is the only man ever to receive the Asheville Chamber of Commerce’s Athena Award. He has also received the Asheville NAACP’s President’s Award.
Greg has a BA from Bluffton University, a BS in Industrial Engineering from Case Western Reserve University, an MA in International Development from American University, a certificate in Non-Profit Management from Duke University, and a certificate in Advanced Personal and Executive Coaching from the College of Executive Coaching. Greg is a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation.