Our Mission: At HunterKemper Consulting, our mission is to help you make the greatest impact possible on the people and causes you serve. Principals Elizabeth Holler Hunter and Angela Kemper apply more than 60 years of combined fundraising experience, advanced education in communication and organization development, and advanced professional certification to meet the unique needs of your project, fundraising program, and organization. We have earned the professional designation of Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), which is held by approximately 7,200 professionals worldwide. We have successfully raised millions of dollars through annual funds, membership programs, feasibility studies, and capital campaigns.
- Solid Fundamentals. Relationship-based fundraising is the foundation of long-term success. We have an in-depth, experiential knowledge of fundraising—both principles and practice—and its application to Annual Funds, Membership Programs, Planned Giving, and Capital and Endowment projects.
- Strategic Focus. Strategic focus is essential to achieve annual objectives or to accomplish lengthy projects such as capital campaigns. You need a customized plan to maximize the resources available for the project. We will build it together, and then we will provide clear, concise project management that keeps the process moving yet remains attentive to the countless details.
- An Integrated Approach. Every fundraising program or project exists in the context of a larger organization, community and industry. Strategic fundraising and communication must go hand in hand with strategic organization development. We work with you to analyze and better understand current systems and processes, build your organization’s infrastructure, and plan for a sustainable future in the context of trends and best practices and innovation in the nonprofit sector.
- Application of Data. With our strength in hard analytical tools, from software to database systems, we guide you in essential tracking of prospects and project components. Through a comprehensive analysis of your data, we create a Donor Strategy Map that segments donors based upon their giving history and capacity, and provides clear strategies for effective acquisition, renewal, upgrades, and stewardship.
- Skilled Communication and Facilitation. Effective communication is critical for success, whether it relates to articulating your vision or mobilizing staff and volunteers to advocate for your mission. It’s your story, and we support you to tell it in the most compelling ways possible. Through group facilitation and training we help bring people together and empower them to fulfill their strategic roles.
Elizabeth Hunter, MA, CFRE, has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development/Organization Development from Western Carolina University and a B.A in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is also a professional executive coach.
Angela Kemper, MA, CFRE, has a Master’s degree in Communication Studies and her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She taught Strategic Communication for the MBA program at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University for four years.