The Bilingual North Carolina Medicaid Ombudsman role will:
• Assist low-income people by telephone, online and in-person (under COVID-19 restrictions and safety measures) to access and use health care coverage under Medicaid and in resolving disputes with Medicaid health insurance plans in English and/or Spanish when applicable;
• Assist with outreach to educate people about coverage changes and their rights under Medicaid;
• Provide referrals to appropriate agencies for applicants and enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or need for other social services;
• Document and enter data into a case management system to assist with identifying trends and systemic issues;
• Provide all information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensure accessibility for individuals with disabilities; and
• Work with English and Spanish language media (including print, radio and television) to share information on Ombudsman services and the availability of assistance.
For more information about this position and how to apply, click here. The salary ranges from $31,120 – $48,339 depending on experience.
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2022.