Cindy McMahon, Senior Consultant
Since joining Nonprofit Pathways in 2010, Cindy McMahon has utilized her extensive experience in nonprofit administration and programming to develop, implement, and evaluate capacity building programs for organizations across Western North Carolina. Cindy has served as leadership staff, board member, volunteer, and consultant to a diverse group of nonprofits and small businesses over the past 25 years.
Jeannette Butterworth, Senior Consultant
Jeannette Butterworth brings a varied background to her role as Senior Consultant, from serving as a Peace Corps volunteer to building grassroots community groups and nonprofits. Before joining the Pathways team, Jeannette most recently served as Assistant Director of Mainstay in Hendersonville.
Debbie Haeger, Administrative Consultant
Debbie Haeger offers her experience in human resources, management and extensive customer service to her role as Administrative Consultant. Since joining Pathways in March 2016, Debbie has used her varied background to coordinate our Duke Nonprofit Management Program and Signature Events as well as utilizing her experience implementing communication processes, marketing, data and evaluation collection management, and providing services in financial tracking and reporting.
WNC Nonprofit Pathways contracts with a wide variety of experienced nonprofit consultants from our region to provide workshops and other services. If you are interested in opportunities to work with Pathways as a consultant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNC Nonprofit Pathways is led by a Steering Committee of the following members:
- Elizabeth Brazas, President, Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Philip Belcher, Vice President/Programs, Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Dan Leroy, President/CEO, United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County
- Lance Edwards, Vice President of Planning and Community Investment, United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County
- Dan Martin (PATHWAYS CHAIR), Assistant Executive Director, Cherokee Preservation Foundation
- Ashley Bottenchenbaugh, Program Officer, Cherokee Preservation Foundation
Our Advisory Committee of nonprofit and community leaders provides input and feedback. They help us make sure that our programs and content are relevant and useful.
Advisory Committee members include:
- Natasha Adwaters, Children First/Communities in Schools of Buncombe County
- Cory Blankenship, Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians
- Tonya Carroll, Cherokee Boys Club – Ray Kinsland Leadership
- Celeste Collins, OnTrack Financial Education and Counseling
- Jennie Eblen, Board member and volunteer with multiple nonprofits
- Beth Fields, Stecoah Valley Arts, Crafts and Educational Center
- Jacqueline Gottlieb, Hinton Rural Life Center
- J Hackett, Trimm International Foundation
- Marianne Martinez, Vecinos Farmworker Health Program
- Rebecca Mathis, Lake Junaluska
- Schell McCall, Partners Aligned Toward Health
- JeWana Grier-McEachin, ABIPA
- Heather Rimes, Western Carolina University
- Jennifer Simpson, Blue Ridge Partnership for Children