PATHWAYS COORDINATING CONSULTANTS
Jeannette Butterworth, Senior Consultant
Jeannette Butterworth has spent the past 20 years in Hendersonville, North Carolina, and is proud to call the mountains of Western North Carolina her forever home. She has been a Senior Consultant with WNC Nonprofit Pathways since July of 2015, and has worked in the nonprofit sector since her career began with service as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Paraguay, South America, in 1998. Jeannette has continued working for social justice, as a grassroots organizer, in management and administration, resource development, grant writing, program coordination, board service, and strategic consulting. Jeannette is proficient in Spanish and has served as staff and on boards of large and small organizations and for established and fledgling nonprofits.
Currently, Jeannette serves on the board of The Mountain Community School, a public charter school in Hendersonville. She relishes life in Hendersonville with her husband Milton and their two daughters, Celia (studying Music Education at UNCC) and Samantha (a rising high school freshman studying all things fun and horse-related).
Niconda Garcia, Program Consultant
Niconda Garcia is an Asheville native that has worked in a social justice capacity for almost 20 years. She has served as the Pretrial Release Manager of Buncombe County, as well as, the Director of Administration, Customer Services Supervisor, and Referral Coordinator in the non-profit health care sector serving 18 counties in Western North Carolina. As an avid volunteer in various local organizations she is committed to continued personal growth and service to the community.
The humanitarian aspects of Niconda’s work, coupled with lived experiences, have reinforced functional skills to navigate systems from a vantage point that fosters the intersection of socioeconomic, human rights, and anti-racist practices in organizational operations. The opportunity to support individuals and teams as they challenge themselves to up-level their lives professionally, personally, and within their area of gifting is her most honorable privilege.
Debbie Haeger, Administrative Consultant
Debbie offers her experience in human resources, management, and extensive customer service to her role as Administrative Consultant. Since joining Pathways in March 2016, she has used her varied background to coordinate our signature events and workshops, as well as utilizing her experience implementing communication processes, marketing, data and evaluation collection management, and providing services in financial tracking and reporting.
Debbie, along with her husband and daughter, moved to Asheville in 2008. She enjoys being outdoors as much as possible and spends most of her time gardening and exploring all the wonderful hiking spots in the area.
WNC Nonprofit Pathways contracts with a wide variety of experienced nonprofit consultants from our region to provide workshops and other services. If you are interested in opportunities to work with Pathways as a consultant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNC Nonprofit Pathways is led by a Steering Committee of the following members:
- Elizabeth Brazas, President, Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Lezette Parks, Scholarship Officer, Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Dan Leroy (PATHWAYS CHAIR), President/CEO, United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County
- Joseph Jamison, Equity & Network Development Specialist, United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County
- Ashley Walkingstick (PATHWAYS TREASURER), Program Officer, Cherokee Preservation Foundation
Our Advisory Committee of nonprofit and community leaders provides input and feedback. They help us make sure that our programs and content are relevant and useful.
Advisory Committee members include:
- Natasha Adwaters, Children First/Communities in Schools of Buncombe County
- Cory Blankenship, Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians
- Tonya Carroll, Cherokee Boys Club – Ray Kinsland Leadership
- Celeste Collins, OnTrack Financial Education and Counseling
- Jennie Eblen, Board member and volunteer with multiple nonprofits
- Jacqueline Gottlieb, Hinton Rural Life Center
- J Hackett, Jordan Peer Recovery
- Marianne Martinez, Vecinos Farmworker Health Program
- Rebecca Mathis, Lake Junaluska
- Schell McCall, Partners Aligned Toward Health
- JeWana Grier-McEachin, ABIPA
- Heather Rimes, Western Carolina University
- Jennifer Simpson, Blue Ridge Partnership for Children